Dr. Shin is an "orthodontist," a dental specialist with 3 additional years of highly selective training in "Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics." Dr. Shin is also an adjunct assistant clinical professor at New York University in Department of Orthodontics and has her research published in numerous scientific journals.
As a specialist, she not only creates beautiful, straight teeth but also is well-trained to comprehensively analyze inter-related problems in the jaw bones, muscles of the mouth and face, and jaw joints - along with growth pattern, breathing pattern, habits, tongue posture, and more - in order to correctly diagnose the root of the problem and to provide treatment options right for the individual patient.
Dr. Shin's treatment philosophy is simple: to treat each patient as if her own family. She has been serving in New York City community and received President's Volunteer Service Award from President Obama in 2016. Dr. Shin truly loves practicing orthodontics not only because it incorporates her talent in science and passion in art, but more so because she believes she can positively influence people's lives with her caring yet smart orthodontic treatment to create a beautiful as well as healthy smile.
- Recipient of President's Volunteer Service Award, President Obama
- Adjunct Assistant Clinical Professor, New York University: Department of Orthodontics
- Residency in Orthodontics, New York University
- Doctor of Dental Surgery, New York University
- Master of Science, Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Bachelor of Science, New York University